There are billions of searches done every single day and there are those popular keywords that are searched for the most. Here is a list of the most common and most popular keywords that are searched for every single day. Although it is constantly changing, there are those ones that will always be searched.
A problem with most online marketers is that they don’t understand the concept of keywords and keyword competition. Before I really understood online marketing, I had no clue as to what keywords could do for my business. I was too busy trying to make sales and rank with the most popular searches, of course that was the wrong approach. Here is a couple of pointers that will help you with keyword research and will take your online business to another level.
What are Keywords
Keywords are words that online marketers use to write articles on so that they can rank easier in the search engines. It is also what the search engines use to assist online users with their searches online. Keywords are selected by online spiders that will allow users to find different search results that pertain to their “keyword” search.
Most online marketers really don’t understand what they are doing with keywords and tend to try and compete with blogs that have hundreds of posts. Content is a big part with rankings in the online world. If you don’t have that much content on your site, chances are you won’t get ranked fairly high.
People try and “master” SEO when they don’t have much content on their sites. You can have the best article in the world but if you are trying to compete with the best of them guess where that will leave you if you don’t have any content? In the dust my friend.
When you write articles you need to focus on a couple of things and it will help with your blogging efforts greatly. Here are 3 things that you should focus on when trying to find “keywords”.
- Monthly searches – I know your goal is to target words that are low competition but you are not going to get any traffic if that keyword is not getting searched. You catching my drift?
- Estimated traffic – Just because these keywords are being searched doesn’t mean you’re going to get all that traffic. You would need to know how much traffic that keyword will bring to your site, an estimate would do.
- Competing pages– This is the biggest factor when doing keyword research, the lower the amount of competing pages, the easier it is to get ranked. Here is a screenshot of the keyword tool Jaaxy that I use to do all my keyword research with, pretty amazing tool that you can try for free.
Simple SEO to Help with your Keyword Research
When doing keyword research and figuring out what keywords will be easily ranked in the search engines there is nothing that a little bit of basic SEO will do to improve your rankings. See my post on tips for a successful blog and you can also use these as a guide to getting great rankings with SEO. Here is what to do to help with SEO.
- Low Competition – I don’t care what anyone tells you about trying to beat out the competition with some kind of software but there is none out there. Start off slowly and work your way up to targeting high competition keywords. Get traffic and create quality content and the rankings will be sure to follow
- Content – Content, content, content! This is probably the biggest mistakes by most bloggers. They focus on making one article perfect and expect it to outrank the competition. Practice makes perfect my friend and yes this applies to the online world. You will not be a professional blogger overnight but if you blog regularly you will see amazing results and of course you will start to see your posts move up the rankings.
- Quality VS Quantity – In the blogging world this can be very tricky. I know I said create content regularly but as time goes on you might want to go back and see what can be done to fix your posts. The more you blog the better you will get at it. Once you start flowing with your articles, worry more on creating quality content that will convert and also get ranked in the search engines.
- Quit focusing on keywords – Although keywords are important, writing quality content is always best. Google is constantly changing their algorithms so your articles will be getting indexed completely and not just by your title or your little keyword thing in the all in one SEO pack.