Doing business on the internet is not the hardest thing to do, but most people tend to fail. Why is that? In this article I want to show you how to start a web based business that will be here for many, many years to come.
I remember my days as a newbie and how I had no clue as to how money was being made online. Although I am constantly learning more and more about this wonderful business, I like to think I know what I’m doing. Here is how you can get started with your own web based business. Not only am I going to show you, but you can actually take the same exact training program for a test drive.
Before you even think about the money (what I did), you are going to need to understand everything about how business is done online. If you don’t have the right training and support, consider your business a failure.
Sad to say, but there are only a few legit online marketing training platforms out there and if I never gave into these scams, I probably would never know the difference.
When you decide to do something like online marketing, you are going to really need to think about what it is that you want. If you are going to jump into something like this, then do it. Don’t give it half the effort or you will definitely not make it.
Too many people come into the online world thinking they’re going to get rich overnight and end up finding out otherwise. Take things slowly and get to really know what it is that you are doing. Let’s start things off with your foundation and what people claim you DO NOT need as an online marketer.
Your Website – The Foundation
I know that it is very possible to make money online without a website, but any successful online marketer will tell you that it is a must. Look at a website as your center for all business transactions. No website = no business.
I really don’t see what’s the big deal about getting your own website, when you can get a domain name (www.domainname.com) for as little as $.99 for the first year. A simple Google search for “99 cent domains” is all it takes. I personally own over 20 websites, all of which contribute to my successful home based business.
If you are just that cheap, there are totally free websites out there and they really will cost you $0. I really don’t know what more you want, but this is going to be the foundation to your online business, so what’s the big deal?
Maybe it’s the designing of a website that’s the problem? Let me just tell you that that was a big problem when I first started online and I won’t do the same mistake twice. I worried too much about making my site look pretty, when most website themes come ready to go right out of the box.
When you do business online, yes you want to have a great looking website, but that is not what is going to make you money. In fact, most people don’t even care and will probably never return to your site again. This next topic is going to be the same exact thing that will make the difference from a successful online marketer, to an online failure.
This is what is going to make you money online, people. In case you didn’t know this, no content means no money. I want you to know what good quality content is and what it will do for your online business.
At this point, you should still not be worrying about the money. It is not going to happen in a couple of days, although that too is very possible. Forget the money!
As a blogger, you need to remember that there is someone on the other end of your article that is interested in what you have to say. I don’t care if you’re talking about your favorite recipe or some kind of cheat code to a video game, you need to provide some value to your readers.
Depending on your niche, you always want to pick something that you know something about, because it will be that much easier when it comes time to creating quality content. I have tried to get into a couple of niches that I had no clue about and trust me, I had a hard time.
Blogging is the absolute best way to make money online, and there are several reasons for this.
- You create traffic (visitors to your website) that will last for a long time
- You are getting very specific to what your readers are looking for
- You get to say what you want
This to me, is a must and it will only help with other marketing techniques like email marketing and PPC (pay per click). Once you have your own website, there are so many things you can do to monetize this and run a very successful web based business.
Money, The One Thing Too Many People Worry About
Here’s the one thing that got me in trouble in the first place. Although this is our main goal, it is something that you need to just put in your back pocket, until you have a fully operable website in place. Put in the work and effort and trust me, the green will come.
I remember when I used to check my stats every 10 minutes, hoping I would make a sale. I was doing this, with about 5 articles published and no knowledge of PPC. Of course you know that this was a bad idea and I didn’t see any results.
I think I actually spent more time checking my stats than putting in work at one point. This was also the same time that I felt like giving up and then my first sale came.
I wasn’t listening to what I was being taught and that is what set me back, big time. I then followed everything and applied what I was learning and voila!
There is so much money to be made online, it’s really ridiculous. I don’t know where you can find a bigger market than the world wide web, which is why I love this business. Once you get the hang of things, everything will start to get clearer.
So Why Do People Fail Online?
One thing people know, but seem to brush to the side is the fact that doing business online is going to take time. Sometimes 2 weeks, sometimes 2 months, and sometimes even 6 months. Depending on your output, your results will not be the same as others. Here are the biggest reasons why people are not making it online.
- No Patience – Coming from experience, it is almost impossible to be patient, especially if you’re like me and you want to see results almost instantly. If you want to be successful online, you will need to LEARN how to be patient or it won’t work. Be patient and focus on what you need to do and you will see results. The best part is when it comes, it comes so fast it will make you say wow.
- Get carried away – When you start a business online, you will come across many (and I mean many) other so called “opportunities” out there and it will cause you to get sidetracked, unless of course you listen to me. I can’t even count how many make money online programs I’ve been through, just to come back to the same exact program that is now my #1 recommendation to anyone trying to make money online. Click here to see more about this one of a kind online marketing training center.
- Didn’t want it enough – Most people think that it’s going to be handed to them on a silver platter, but that’s not how it works. I believe in hard work paying off and that is how this business works. Work hard now, play hard later. If you want to make it online, You will make it no matter what.
- Too afraid – Doing business online is probably something most people are afraid to even try doing. From the scams online, to the negativity that comes with the internet, it is not the easiest thing to get involved with. Most people will be afraid of what other people will think and that is a big reason why people don’t even get started. I remember when my mom saw what i was doing, boy did I not hear the end of it. Look at me now!
So What Now?
I think i’ve run my mouth (or hands) enough for one article, I think you get my point. If you really want to make something of yourself, you need to take action now.
I don’t care how skeptical you are about doing business online, this is where it’s at. From the money, to the freedom, to more time with your family, the internet will be the game changer.
The same exact program that I recommend to anyone starting out online is totally free to get started. No credit card, no BS, just a totally free trial of what you can be doing as a full-time “job” one day.
If you are ready to get the ball rolling, click here to see how a real online business operates. If not, get back to work and hopefully you can win the lottery one day. Whether you start a home based business or not, I wish you the best in whatever it is you do. Cheers!
A Work From Home Business